Live Abundantly, Laugh Heartily, Love Freely!!!"

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hey Wat's up

    I'm getting ready to leave for college in a few weeks, and I find that I have a lot of concerns, thoughts, questions, ideas and many other things bubbling over in my mind. I understand that the experience and journey that I am embarking on is a "life changer' as most would describe. However, as I yet ponder all these new a different possibilities that I am sure college life will offer me, I can't help but to form some of my own preconceptions. Some examples are:
  • I know I will at least have one completely "out of his/her mind professor" within my first and second semester.
  • I know my roommate will have at least one quality I will either find weird or interesting (I hope I find it interesting).
  • The dining hall food will not compare to my mom's homemade meals.
  • How in the world will I make friends amongst 6,928,581 students? (I feel little now).
  • What does one wear to a college party?
     These are just a few of the many concerns I, and I'm pretty sure many other's who are embarking on their first college experience as well, are facing. Yet the big question is, how does one learn to accept these changes, challenges, (or whatever you may refer to them as)?
     I believe one of the most essential tools to bring along with you to college this fall is the right attitude. Sometimes the attitude with which we present to others or to certain situations can determine our success and the continuing direction that we follow. Suppose I do get a crazy professor this fall, or my roommate has qualities I've never encountered, or the dining hall food makes me take frequent trips to the ladies room (I really hope it doesn't), the positive attitude that I present to these situations and that I present myself with will in turn  create opportunities that will help me to grow and even learn about myself, my limits, and strengths and also help give "hopefully" a positive insight to others, whether it be about your character or the situation.

     So you see, with presenting the right attitude, more people have a greater opportunity to learn and grow, instead of no one at all. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment