Live Abundantly, Laugh Heartily, Love Freely!!!"

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fortune Teller

       As I young adult with an entire lifetime ahead of her, I often wonder what my future may hold. It's sometimes impossible to predict when things do not go according to plan at all, especially my education. Recently I had to withdraw from Rutgers University, that decision nearly crushed my little heart. For the past eight months all I could do was eat, sleep, practically breath Rutgers. Sadly my air-supply was cut off when I received a blow in my state aid (Thank You Governor Christie) causing me to catch a second wind. Yep, that second wind can be referred to as community college. (Sigh....).
       Obviously this puts a huge damper in my carefully illustrated, intricately designed, plan of graduating with a bachelor and master degree within 5 years as Rutgers would have assisted me in doing, and beginning my career early. However, as I sit back and meditate and divulge into thought, I notice a teeny tiny little flaw within my plan. The flaw was me. Instead of leaving all the complications and deliberations, negotiations, and all that hard stuff to my Lord to work out, I was so spearheaded about decisions that were not meant for me to make and paths that were not meant for me to take.
         I mean I feel pretty confident in making good decisions for myself and my future, but I realize only God is capable of making the absolute best. Perhaps if I had paid close attention to the path he had laid out for me, (which I'm pretty sure he did present it to me, I just wasn't paying attention I guess), I wouldn't have been so shocked or heart-broken when I found myself having to forsake my own plan. This is also a good lesson in change and how it can enhance your spiritual, mental, and emotional growth. I digress,however,  and and leave you with the question of: who is your fortune teller?

2 comments: